EB2 Exceptional Ability Visa

Second preference visas are for workers with exceptional abilities, advanced degrees, or anyone that is looking to receive a national interest waiver. You must meet at least three of the criteria set forth by the government in order to be eligible. This includes documentation of your graduating from an accredited US university or a foreign equivalent, as well as extensive experience or influence in your field. If you want the labor certification process to be waived, you must prove that your working permanently in this country is of national interest.

If you have a spouse and/or any children under the age of 18, they can be admitted with you into the United States with either E-21 or E-22 immigrant status. While applying to be a green card holder with permanent resident status, your husband or wife can also file a Form I-765 application to receive an employment authorization document allowing them to work in the U.S.

The EB-2 Exceptional Ability Visa can only be obtained by having your employer fill out and submit the Form I-140 Petition for Alien Worker with the USCIS. Generally, this must be accompanied by an individual labor certification on Form ETA-9089, which must be approved by the Department of Labor.

For questions regarding a Work Visa, email or Call (734) 726-0225