Visas in the United States

There are many different types of visas in the US. Some allow students to pursue an education, and others allow religious workers, artists, agricultural workers, journalists and spouses to travel to the US for a period of time. Visas in the United States do not guarantee entry into the country, but they allow foreign citizens to request permission to enter the US. The Department of Homeland Security, US Customs and Border Protection do have the authority to permit or deny foreign citizens the right to enter, and may determine how long a traveler may stay. In many cases visas last for 5 years and allow people to travel back and forth as they choose.

In college based communities such as Ann Arbor, Michigan student visas are very popular, and in other areas work and employment visas are in higher demand. As an Immigration Lawyer in Ann Arbor MI, we will help you understand the different types of visas available and clearly explain which ones you may qualify to receive.

For questions regarding a US Visa, email or Call (734) 726-0225